• 1/2 cup prepared barbecue sauce
• 1/2 cup water
• 2 tablespoons tomato paste
• 1 tablespoon molasses
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• Freshly ground pepper, to taste
• 1 tablespoon canola oil
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 4 cups chopped collard greens, (about 10 ounces), tough stems removed
• 9 ounces cooked Griggstown chicken sausage links, (about 3 links), halved lengthwise and sliced
• 2 15-ounce cans great northern or navy beans, rinsed
1. Whisk barbecue sauce, water, tomato paste, molasses, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
2. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and collard greens and cook, stirring occasionally, until the collards are wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Add sausage and cook, stirring, until beginning to brown, about 3 minutes more.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low; add beans and the sauce mixture to the pan. Gently stir to combine, cover and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.