Posted on August 8, 2011
Courtesy of Diana Rattray, About.com Guide
Trying to think of something light, easy, but packed with flavor? Add salsa to your meal! Salsa adds loads of flavor, jazzing up just about any everyday chicken or pork dish.
This salsa recipe is well worth the chopping time.
● 4 medium tomatoes, cored, seeds removed, chopped
● 2 medium cloves garlic, finely minced
● 2 to 3 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion or yellow onion
● 1 to 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno or serrano pepper
● 2 heaping tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
● 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
● salt and pepper, to taste
● In a bowl, combine all ingredients and stir to blend.
● Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
● Makes 2 to 3 cups of fresh salsa.