Turkey Burger with Orange-Cranberry-Pear Relish with a side of Jersey corn
Posted on July 5, 2011
Orange-Cranberry-Pear Relish recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchen
The relish not only compliments the taste of the turkey burger but can also be a delicious side dish for other Griggstown poultry dishes such as chicken, turkey duck, etc.
- 1 small navel orange
- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 Bartlett pear, cored and cut into large chunks
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- Pinch kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons toasted and coarsely chopped pecans
- Wash and dry the orange.
- Cut the orange into small wedges, including the peel, and put in a food processor.
- Add the cranberries, pear, sugar, and salt.
- Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.
- Just before serving, stir in the pecans.