Turkey Burger with Papaya Salsa
Posted on July 5, 2011
Papaya Salsa recipe courtesy Rachael Ray
For those that like to mix flavors and textures on their turkey burgers, this recipe is just what you were looking for.
- 1 large, ripe papaya, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 serrano or jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, a palm full of leafy tops, finely chopped
- 1 navel orange, juiced
- Coarse salt
- Combine the papaya, red bell pepper, red onion, serrano or jalapeno, cilantro and orange juice in a bowl. Season salsa with salt, to your taste.
- Pile salsa on top of the lettuce resting on cooked patties and add bun tops to the burgers.
- Serve with Chili Lime Avocados and pineapple wedges.